Monday, April 28, 2008

Having spent the hot Saturday past moving Artie's weight bench to storage, my garden is complete, for now at least. If we don't count watering nearly every day, that is! My sunflowers are really growing like crazy and their stems are as thick as straws. The beans are paling a bit though, and I hope they do okay--I'm really looking forward to the vining bean trees (yes, that's a reference to the amazing Ms. Barbara Kingsolver).

I finally bit the bullet and made the decision to order plans for a cheese press instead of paying $300 for a new fancy one. Our friend Pix calls himself a miracle woodworker, so maybe he can make my cheese press in exchange for some cheese...good deal, right? Once I have the press I'll be able to make all the hard cheeses--cheddar, swiss, gouda, as well as molded cheeses like blue, roquefort, stilton, and edible-rind cheese such as brie and camembert.

No comments: