Monday, April 14, 2008

Cheese and bread, my way...

Over the hot, hot weekend my plants sucked in water like crazy, I was watering them twice a day to keep up with their thirst! Now that we're back to cooler weather, I felt like baking. I just took 3 beautiful loaves of whole-wheat bread out of the oven and the house smells like a bakery! I also crafted some more homemade mozzarella, it turned out wonderfully as well.

The garden's coming along great, the baby spinach now looks like baby spinach, but I'm going to wait until it's regular adult spinach to harvest. I have small green strawberries and a couple of new additions to the garden--dill and lavender, both planted yesterday. I must say, being laid off sure has improved my quality of life by about 1000%--no complaints here:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmm I bet your house smelled delish! I love making bread. I remember when I was pregnant I craved beer so bad at the end of my 3rd trimester. John told me, "go ahead and have one! It won't hurt!" Yeah right. I knew if I had one I would drink another and another and BAM my baby would be born looking like Sloth from the goonies. So instead I made homemade beer bread and it was awesome! I love making beer bread with John's homebrew that he makes. I could eat the whole damon loaf. Hmmmmm maybe I will make a couple loafs and freeze them before it gets too hot to bake......